Get creative with HydroBeadz® water beads! Keep your kids busy and get them creative at the same time. Simply place them in water for 4 to 6 hours and watch them grow.
- Made from polymer gel powder that is non-toxic and eco-friendly
- Bio-degradable over time and non-flammable too
- Completely reusable by adding more water once they dry out
- Three sizes and up to 15 colours available
- Thousands of beads in each bag
- HydroBeadz® are also known as water crystals, water balls, gel balls, crystal balls, magic beads, hydrogel, water marbles and are similar to Orbeez
You can read more about HydroBeadz and how they compare with water beads as well as Orbeez on our blog.
We currently have three sizes available - small, regular, and large. As packets are sold by weight, the smaller the bead size the more there will be in a packet.
These are the smallest and firmest beads. They grow to approximately 7 to 8mm in diameter and you can expect around 10,000 per 85 gram packet.
These are our mid sized beads. They are the most popular size chosen as they are large enough for play, whilst also maintaining durability. They grow to approximately 10 to 12mm in diameter and you can expect about 7000 in each packet.
Our large beads work great as decorations, although they can also be used for play too. Softer and less durable, they'll break apart more easily when compared to the regular and small sizes. These grow to approx. 15mm in diameter and you can expect about 2500 per 85 gram packet.
* Please note that not all colours are available for each size.
How Do I Grow My HydroBeadz?
Simply place your HydroBeadz into a container of water for 4 - 6 hours (the large size may require a little longer). Remember that you've got thousands in each packet, and they grow to many times their original size so don't put too many in at once! We recommend you use distilled water for best results, but tap water should work fine too.
Regardless of the size of beads used, you should aim for one measuring teaspoon of beads per 3 measuring cups of water.
Great HydroBeadz Ideas!
- Playtime! In the garden or the bath, these balls provide hours of fun.
- As a sensory tool for children and persons with different learning abilities.
- Household decorations in flower vases and candle holders
- Wedding and event decorations - perfect for colour matching a theme.
- For retaining moisture in the garden or your indoor potted plants.
- As aromatic diffusers, simply add your scent and you're good to go!